You are welcome to bring your small cat or dog with you in the cabin on our flights, as long as it can comfortably fit in its carrier under the seat in front of you and without blocking passage to the main aisle of the airplane. Your pet/s, including the carrier can weigh up to 10 kgs. You can book your pet in cabin service directly on www.airmalta.com when booking your flight ticket. Alternatively, if you book your flight ticket from other channels and/or you already hold a flight ticket with us, you are kindly requested to get in touch with our call centre on +356 2166 2211. You may also redeem your KMiles to book your pet in cabin. Contact Flypass on +356 2599 1239 or [email protected].
Passengers carrying a pet in cabin must go to the check-in desks for checks by our ground- handlers even when online check in is done.
Procedure for the carriage of PETC:
· This procedure is applicable for non-commercial movement of pets.
· This procedure is applicable only for small cats and dogs.
· This service is offered on Air Malta's network including UK routes. However, on UK routes, this is only applicable OUT of the country. PETC service is not offered from Malta INTO the UK as per the UK’s DEFRA (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)
· Pets must be at least fifteen weeks old and must have been weaned for at least five days.
· Acceptable carriers: Your pet should be carried in an appropriate bag/carrier that meets the minimum standard for size, ventilation, strength, sanitation and design for safe handling and must have a waterproof (leak proof) bottom.
· You may carry up to two animals of the same species in the same container.
· The carrier must be big enough to allow the pet/s to stand up, turn around and lie down safely and comfortably. No part of the pet/s may extend outside the carrier. The pet must be small enough to fit and stay comfortably in its container under the seat in front of its owner.
· The container must not measure more than 40 cm x 34 cm x 20 cm and must be of the collapsible type (soft case bags)
· Pet/s may weigh up to 10 kgs including the carrier.
· A licensed veterinarian should examine the pet from three days prior to commencement of travel and confirm, in the appropriate section of the Pet Passport (Clinical Examination), that the animal is in good health and able to withstand carriage to the destination.
· Only adult passengers may carry a pet in the cabin.
· Only one container per adult passenger is permitted.
· The pet container must be placed underneath the seat in front of the owner without blocking any person's path to the main aisle of the airplane. It must remain properly stowed the entire time the aircraft is moving and for the entire duration of the flight.
· The pet must not be placed in the lap or on a passenger seat.
· For safety and security reasons a passenger carrying a PETC cannot be allocated a seat next to an over wing, main exit (Row 1) and restricted seats, and will always be allocated a window seat.
If a passenger carrying a PETC is travelling in Business Class and there is only 1 row available (Row 1), the passenger seat will be changed to an Economy seat. Passenger will be asked to contact our Customer Care team for partial reimbursement of the Business Class ticket.
Pet carried in the passenger cabin fees:
A single payment of €70 or 7000KMiles per way (non-refundable) is applicable per container you carry in the cabin (all routes except Malta-UK)
· The carriage of a pet stroller is free of charge.