In these Terms and Conditions: "You", "Your" and “Yourself” means you the user of this website who is seeking to purchase or has purchased an excess baggage voucher through this website. “Air Malta” means Air Malta p.l.c (a company registered in Malta with registration no. C-2685) of Head Office, Aviation Park, Luqa LQA 9023, Malta.
1. The excess baggage voucher is purchased for the flight the passenger is booked on. The excess baggage voucher is being purchased by you specifically for use by you on the flight and on the date indicated by you on this online excess baggage voucher form. The excess baggage voucher is only valid for use by you on the flight and on the date indicated on the excess baggage voucher.
2. Any excess baggage purchased is non-refundable unless Air Malta fails to honour any contractual commitment set out in your excess baggage voucher (including the failure by Air Malta to operate the flight to which your excess baggage voucher relates); provided that, such failure by Air Malta to honour any such contractual commitment is not through your own fault.
3. Air Malta offers for sale excess baggage allowance on a piece concept. You can get the best rates if you purchase your excess baggage allowance online at the Air Malta website before checking-in for your flight, or you can just turn up with your extra baggage and pay higher rates at the check-in counter. Any excess baggage allowance purchased by you that remain unutilised cannot be redeemed in cash or any other form.
4. It is important that that the excess baggage voucher is presented by you during check-in at the airport since the excess baggage voucher is the only means available to Air Malta to verify your online purchase through this website. If the excess baggage voucher is not presented at check-in, then Air Malta will have no other option but to charge you the rate applicable for purchase of excess baggage at the airport, unless you present at check-in some other sufficient and reasonable document which can prove your online purchase.
5. These Terms and Conditions are without prejudice to any applicable consumer statutory rights.
6. Maximum weight per bag to be carried by Air Malta must not exceed 32 Kilograms.
7. Excess Baggage vouchers may be purchased online through this website up to 4 hours prior departure of your flight.
8. Air Malta reserves the right to vary, modify, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions at any time and without any prior notice. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these Terms and Conditions to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Any change to these Terms and Conditions will not affect the terms and conditions of the excess baggage voucher already purchased by you.
9. Air Malta reserves the right to change the rates/prices for excess baggage purchased online and/or the rates/prices for excess baggage purchased at the airport, at any time and without any prior notice. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these rates to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Any change to these rates/prices will not affect the excess baggage voucher already purchased by you.
Excess Baggage Prices
|Types of Baggage
|Purchased at the airport
|Redeem KMiles *
|Up to 23kg Baggage
|Upgrading Bag from 23kg to 32kg
Airmalta reserves the right to increase or reduce baggage prices from time to time. The prices shown above are indicative.
*The Baggage may also be purchased by redeeming KMiles at least 3 days in advance of your trip. Contact Flypass on +356 2599 1239 or [email protected].
10. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed, construed, enforced and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of Malta. Any disputes, controversies and/or claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malta.
11. All baggage is carried subject to Air Malta’s General Conditions of Carriage. Air Malta’s General Conditions of Carriage are an integral part of these Terms and Conditions and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by you implies your acceptance of Air Malta's General Conditions of Carriage.
12. The website use terms and conditions are an integral part of these Terms and Conditions and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by you implies your acceptance of the Air Malta Website Use Terms and Conditions.
13. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
We recommend that you print these Terms and Conditions for your records. These Terms and Conditions have last been modified on 10/08/2015.
Sports Equipment Terms and Conditions
- Each voucher is valid for every piece of sports equipment.
- Sports equipment is to be packed separately.
- Excess baggage voucher is to be presented during check-in.
- Each voucher is valid for a one way trip basis.
- Maximum weight per bag must not exceed 32 Kilos.
- Fee is non-refundable, non-transferable.
- Vouchers may be purchased up to 4 hours prior departure.
- The fee structure below - effective as on 24 June 2019 - is only applicable on direct flight services operated by Air Malta:
|Purchased at Airport