What is the Go Business Upgrade Service?
Air Malta offers its passengers the opportunity to upgrade from economy class to business class and you determine your own price by submitting an offer to Air Malta. Air Malta will inform you within 22 hours prior to departure whether your offer has been approved or not approved.
Who can make an offer?
· Passengers that hold a valid economy class ticket issued by Air Malta with a ticket number starting with 643 for a scheduled flight operated by Air Malta.
· You may submit your Go Business Upgrade offer up to 24 hours prior to departure.
Passengers not eligible for a Go Business Upgrade?
· Flight bookings which are not yet confirmed
· Redemption tickets
· Free Tickets
· Tickets already using miles to upgrade
· Passengers booked within a group of more than 9 people
· Bookings not issued directly by Air Malta or with Air Malta documentation
Which destinations is the Go Business Upgrade applicable for?
All destinations which Air Malta offers Business Class product on, depending on space availability.
Can I use the Go Business Upgrade on Air Malta flights operated by its partner airlines?
The Go Business Upgrade is only available for Air Malta operated flights only, where the ticket issued by Air Malta starts with 643.
How does the Go Business Upgrade Work?
1. Book your flight on Airmalta.com
2. You might receive an invitation email from Air Malta telling you about the service with a link to submit your offer.
3. Submit your offer
4. Enter your credit card details for general verification, review and confirm your offer.
5. You will receive an email which will contain your offer details for each leg of your flight.
6. Up to 23 hours prior to departure all offers submitted are reviewed and the available seats in business class will be assigned. If your offer has been accepted, you will receive an email confirmation of your upgrade within 22 hours prior to departure. If your offer is not accepted, you will receive an email notifying you of this.
7.You may proceed to check-in online for Air Malta Business Class.
What will happen if I make an offer and it is successful?
You will receive an email at least 22 hours prior to departure informing you that your offer was successful. Your credit card will be charged by the amount you offered and a confirmation will be sent to you.
What will happen if I make an offer and it is not successful?
You will receive an email 22 hours prior to departure informing you that your offer was unsuccessful. Your credit card will not be charged and your original travel ticket remains the same.
Does the Go Business Upgrade apply on a Roundtrip?
All flight legs where the Go Business Upgrade is available will be listed and you will have the opportunity to make your offer on any or all the legs you choose. You have to make your offer per leg in your itinerary; some legs in your itinerary might not be eligible.
Will there be additional taxes charged to the upgrade offer?
No, the offer amount includes all taxes. If there is a special type of tax in a specific country this will be shown to you throughout the offer process.
What happens if I have to cancel or change my flight after I’ve submitted an offer?
You can cancel or modify up until 24 hours before departure, unless your bid has already been accepted.
What happens if I have to change or cancel my trip after Air Malta accepts my offer?
After your offer has been accepted by Air Malta, the upgrade amount is no longer refundable.
What happens if I cancel my offer by mistake?
You have up to 24 hours prior departure to correct your offer, re-offer or cancel the offer unless your bid has already been accepted .
How does it work when traveling as a couple of family?
Go Business Upgrade considers all passengers within the booking.
Travelling with a colleague who does not want to use the Go Business upgrade?
Please contact Air Malta’s contact centre and ask for the booking to be split, once that is done you may submit your individual offer.
Can Flypass members redeem their miles for Go Business Upgrade?
No, Flypass members can redeem their miles for upgrade in the same way they are currently being done. Miles cannot be redeemed for these upgrades.
Will I earn Flypass miles for the Go Business Upgrade?
No, you will not earn Flypass miles for the upgrade. You will earn the miles as per your original ticket.
Will the Go Business Upgrade change the conditions of your ticket?
No, the same fare rules apply as the original fare purchased including change fees and cancellations penalties.
Can I choose any amount I want to bid?
Yes. The system has a strength indicator which is a guide to show you the strength of your bid; this does not guarantee the bid’s success. The minimum and maximum bid amount set, is a guide on a fair value of the upgrade.
Can I offer different amounts for each of my segments of the upgrade?
Yes, you can offer different amounts for each eligible segment.
If I have an existing offer and want to use a different credit card, how can I change my card information?
You need to cancel your current offer first at least 24 hours prior departure. You will be able to submit a new bid using your preferred credit card only after the cancellation of your first offer.
Will I be refunded the amount I bid if the flight I was upgraded on has been cancelled?
If Air Malta cancels your flight, we will try to accommodate you on the next flight in an upgraded cabin. If Air Malta is unable to honour the upgrade, then your bid amount will be refunded back to you.
What are the benefits of an Upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class?
· You are entitled to priority check-in and boarding at the airport. On the segment of your flight you have been upgraded to, you are entitled to the business class baggage allowance of the Just Business Fare Rules. These include This includes 2 pieces of hand baggage weighing not more than 15kilos total weight. 1 bag cannot exceed 10kgs. You will also be entitled to 1 piece of 32kgs checked in luggage.
· You have access to the Business lounges used by Air Malta at several destinations. Lounges information can be found on Airmalta.com
· On-board, enjoy a personalised service by one of our experienced cabin crew, including free food and drinks.
· You will also enjoy a comfortable flight with the middle seat free.
When one segment of my trip is upgraded, what is my baggage allowance?
· Additional baggage allowance applies only on the segment that has been upgraded. All other segments normal economy class baggage rules apply. You can carry 2 pieces of hand baggage weighing not more than 15kilos total weight. 1 bag cannot exceed 10kgs. You will also be entitled to 1 piece of 32kgs checked in luggage.
If you have any concerns or need clarification please email: [email protected]