Sandy Beaches around Malta & Gozo
The islands of Malta and Gozo have a considerable number of beaches that are ideal for those looking for a romantic getaway or a fun holiday in the sun.
The islands which are located bang in the middle of the Mediterranean, offer a multitude of opportunities to soak up the sun, snorkeling and swimming.
During the hot summer months, the sandy beaches are very popular with both locals and tourists. There are also some hidden gems for swimming off the rocks that offer some of the best scenic views around the islands. There are also private beaches available that are not so easily accessible.
Here are only a few of the best sandy beaches in Malta:
- Ghadira Bay. The longest beach in Malta, this bay is accessible by just a few steps. Facilities include snack bars and cafes.
- Ghajn Tuffieha Bay. With over a 100 steps to climb down a hillside path, this bay is renowned as one of the best sandy and protected bays.
- Golden Bay. With a 5 star hotel located next to this bay, Golden Bay is especially popular with the tourists residing at this hotel.
- Paradise Bay. Situated in the northern part of Malta, this beach is very popular with the younger crowds as a lot of parties and events take place here in the weekends. If you love diving, a school is open right next to the beach all year round.
- Ramla l-Hamra. Gozo’s largest and most popular sandy beach comes with bright orange-red coloured sand and beautiful clear waters.