Air Malta plc
2. Description of the Entity’s Structure
Air Malta’s Organisation Chart
3. Description of the Entity’s Functions and Responsibilities
Air Malta plc (Air Malta).
Air Malta is the airline of the Maltese Islands. It commenced operations on 1 April 1974. By creating reliable air links to and from key European cities, Air Malta was able to support the economic and cultural development of the Islands. As standard bearer for the nation, our remit has always been that of an ambassador for the Maltese Islands.
Air Malta connects with major cities across Europe and the Mediterranean. Working together with its partner airlines, it offers convenient connections to many more destinations in North America and the Middle East.
The Role of Air Malta is:
- Airline operations;
- transport of passengers and cargo by air;
- Ground handling operations.
Air Malta falls under the responsibility of the Ministry for Tourism.
4. General description of the categories of documents Air Malta holds (including exempt documents)
- commercial agreements including - ground handling agreements, code-share agreements, aircraft leasing agreements;
- Employee contracts of service and collective agreements;
- corporate documents required by Companies Act.
5. Description of all manuals and similar types of documents which contain policies, principles, rules or guidelines in accordance with which decisions or recommendations are made in respect of members of the public (including bodies corporate and employees of Air Malta in their personal capacity)
- technical and operational manuals;.
- conditions of carriage of passengers and cargo;
- data protection policy.
6. Statement of the information that is available to members of the public who wish to obtain access to official documents from Air Malta, including particulars of the officer/s to whom the requests for such access should be sent.
Air Malta’s FOI Officers may be contacted by e-mail on [email protected] or by telephone on (22999185/ 22999228)
7. Details of Internal Complaints Procedure
An applicant whose request for information is refused, or who is otherwise not satisfied with the information provided, its format or the extension of the deadline for the submission of the notification indicating whether a request would be met or not, may address a complaint to Air Malta’s FOI Officer. Complaints may be submitted by e-mail to [email protected], through the FOI Portal www.foi.gov.mt via the e-ID or through the online form.
The complaint should be addressed to Air Malta’s FOI Officer, who shall bring the complaint to the attention of the officer responsible. The officer responsible shall reply to the applicant within 10 working days from the receipt of the complaint. The applicant shall also be informed that he or she may appeal the decision or otherwise address a complaint to the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (Cap. 496 of the Laws of Malta).
The officer responsible shall inform the applicant of the decision taken with respect to his or her complaint, and in the event of confirmation of a decision not to release the pertinent information, shall explain the reasons thereof. Whenever the applicant’s complaint is related to the format of the information provided or to an extension of the deadline for the submission of the notification indicating whether a request would be met or not by the Public Authority and the original decision is upheld, the applicant shall be given an explanation as to why his or her complaint cannot be positively addressed. An applicant may also make use of the Internal Complaints Procedure to report failure to meet deadlines or to send notifications. In those cases where the request for information can be met, but has not been met within the deadlines specified by the Act, the officer responsible shall waive any applicable fees for the submission of information.
8. Other Information
Office hours: 08:30 – 16:30 hrs Mon – Fri.
Emails received on weekends or public holidays will be replied on the next working day.
9. Air Malta plc. Contact Details
Address: Air Malta plc. SkyParks Level 2, Malta International Airport, Luqa LQA 4000, Malta
Telephone Numbers: 22999000