- By participating in the Air Malta Flypass Frequent Flyer Programme each Flypass member fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between Air Malta (a company registered in Malta - C-2685) and each Air Malta Flypass member are governed by the laws of Malta. Any disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malta.
- Air Malta Flypass is open for membership for any person aged 18 years or over.
- Companies or other legal entities cannot be enrolled as members.
- To participate in the Air Malta Flypass, passengers must submit a completed application form to Air Malta which will be acknowledged, indicating acceptance of the terms and conditions as stated here.
- Once the card holder has accumulated 10,000 KMiles in 12 calendar months (Jan-Dec) through flying activity on Air Malta schedule operated services, a permanent Flypass card will be sent out with a welcome pack. The Flypass Permanent Card benefits will be valid subject that the Flypass account remains open.
- Mileage expiry. Any mileage not redeemed within 36 months of the date of accrual (date of flight, date of bonus or Partner KMiles) will expire at the end of that quarter (e.g. miles expiring in August of any given year would expire at the end of September of that same year). Permanent, Permanent Plus or Diamond card holders are exempt of the mileage expiry condition. To check out if you have KMiles expiring, you can view your Flypass account online or contact Flypass on telephone number (+356) 2299 9660. The member is responsible for checking the KMiles' expiry date.
- Flypass account validity. If a member does not have at least one KMiles' accrual within two years from last activity date, the Flypass account will close and unredeemed KMiles are automatically forfeited. After a twenty-four (24) month period during which the member does not fly with Air Malta or with the Program Partners, the Company reserves the right to close the account and void the KMiles in the account. The Flypass account validity rule is applicable for all Flypass members, including temporary, Permanent, Permanent Plus and Diamond card holders. Any closed Flypass account cannot be reactivated unless passenger proves that he/ she has flown at least four scheduled flights within the six months` period preceeding his/ her request. The four boarding passes need to be forwarded to Flypass Unit and KMiles for these four flights only will be credited retroactively. Any Flypass tier level such as Permanent, Permanent Plus and Diamond status is not renewed when Flypass account is reactivated. At reactivation stage the account will have a temporary status.
- Prior to receiving an Air Malta Flypass card, the card holder can utilise the temporary card to start accumulating KMiles immediately. Any temporary card issued will be for KMiles accumulation only and will not entitle the holder to use the services and benefits available under the Flypass programme.
- An individual may use only one temporary card. The Air Malta Flypass Unit must be notified immediately should the card holder lose the temporary card. Unless Air Malta has agreed to issue a new temporary card the points accumulated on the first registered temporary card will be the only valid KMiles.
- The card holder must ask the check-in staff to register the points for the trip. Should the card holder suspect that the KMiles are not credited to his/her account, the card holder must contact Air Malta Flypass Unit in Malta. The card holder must keep his ticket and boarding pass as documentation.
- Only one person can be enrolled per Flypass account. Membership is strictly personal. In case of misuse, Air Malta Flypass membership will be cancelled and all accumulated KMiles rendered void.
- KMiles are not transferable to other accounts: Retroactive credit will not be given for flights taken prior to enrolment. KMiles are not transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash. For more information about retroactive credit, read the Flypass FAQ’s.
- KMiles will only be given to members depending on flight segment, class of service and fare type.
- If the cardholder agrees, the KMiles redeemed for flight awards from his/ her account may be used by other family members or individuals with whom the member has a close relationship e.g. friends and relatives. The KMiles cannot be used in conjunction with KMiles from other accounts.
- These Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time by Air Malta, with or without notice. Air Malta shall not be liable for any loss or damage in any way resulting from any such changes.
- Air Malta will endeavour to ensure the availability of products and services provided by partners but will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the failure by partners to provide such products or services. Where a member uses the products and/or services provided by a partner, their terms and conditions (i.e. those of the partners) will apply and Air Malta will not be liable for any loss or damage.
- A free airfare award reservation can be made between 7 and 45 days of the travel date. If award request is made at the last 7 days of departure an additional express processing fee of € 69.00 will apply per person. A book ahead fee of € 69.00 per award is applicable when a free airfare award is booked between 45 days and 6 months of the travel date. Any applicable taxes are to be paid upon ticket issuance.
- All awards are subject to availability. Services to destinations are subject to operational changes at any time with or without prior notice.
- Any tax liability arising from the benefits received from the Air Malta Flypass programme is the sole responsibility of the card holder.
- In case of ticket change, you are to contact the Flypass office before effecting changes. A rebooking fee of EUR69 per change will apply. In case of Business Class upgraded award flights` re-bookings, the conditions of the original economy ticket remain in force.
- By applying for membership, individuals authorise Air Malta to use any stored data relating to their membership for its marketing and communications purposes.
- Members should always present their membership cards at all Air Malta boarding points, especially when effecting 'through check-in'.
- Air Malta reserves the right (at its complete discretion) to terminate the Flypass Frequent Flyer Programme at any time or replace it with another programme and to duly terminate the membership contracts with at least 180 days’ prior notice to Flypass members (such notice shall be deemed to have been sufficiently given when posted on this website). Upon such termination or replacement (whichever comes first) all KMiles accumulated by the card holder shall be cancelled automatically. Air Malta shall not be liable for any loss or damage in anyway resulting from any such termination or replacement.
- If this English version of the Terms and Conditions does not conform to other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
- The failure by Air Malta to exercise or enforce any right herein contained shall not be deemed to be a waiver thereof nor shall it affect Air Malta's entitlement to take any subsequent action in respect of that right or of any other right.
- Should any provision of these Terms and Conditions be found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions. All provisions not affected by such invalidity or unenforceability shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding of Air Malta and a member in respect of Air Malta Flypass programme and supersede all prior written or oral representations, agreements or understandings between them relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions, other than any fraudulent misrepresentation made by a party to induce the other party to enter into these Terms and Conditions.
- Air Malta shall not be liable to any member or nominee or companion for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expense of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the Air Malta Flypass programme, the provision or the refusal to provide any benefits, and awards and the use of awards, whether such loss, damage or expense is caused by negligence or otherwise, and whether Air Malta has any control over the circumstances giving rise to the claim or not.
- Subject to Clause 27 above and any applicable limitations under the applicable laws, regulations and International Conventions and under the carrier conditions of carriage, Air Malta’s liability in contract, tort or otherwise with respect to any claim arising in respect of acts or omissions under the Air Malta Flypass programme including provision and use of awards, shall be limited to re-crediting the value of the mileage credits redeemed by the member in connection with which the matter arises.
- Members may terminate their membership at any time by giving written notice to Air Malta and returning their membership card, at which time any outstanding mileage credits will be cancelled.
- Air Malta may forthwith terminate, without liability for compensation or damages (whether direct or indirect) of any type or nature in favour of member, the membership of a member and the right of a member to use his/her membership card if a member commits misconduct or fraud, misuses the Flypass programme benefits and awards, or fails to follow these Terms and Conditions. In such circumstances, Air Malta shall simultaneously cancel all mileage credits of the member.
- Upon the death of a member the membership account will be closed and all outstanding mileage credits will be cancelled.
- In the event of termination of membership for any reason a member must forthwith return his membership card to Air Malta.
- Since these Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time, it is the member’s responsibility to regularly update himself / herself with them. Furthermore, it is the member’s responsibility to regularly update himself / herself with this website in view of Clause 23 above.